Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saint Saturnin of Toulouse + c. 257

Well, here we come to the end of the liturgical year, and the end of this blog. Not that I'm going to stop writing it, but the name will be changed from "Deep in History" to "Lead, Kindly Light !". I started the blog the first Sunday of Advent, and this is as good a time as any to switch into a new mode, one of focusing on my discernment of what I believe to be my vocation to the priesthood. There will be plenty of time to flesh that out as Advent progresses.

I'm not wildly happy with my progress in this cyber-window on my soul, but it has been an enjoyable enterprise. Hopefully I'll do better in the year to come. I've had some nice feedback from friends and strangers alike, and that is very gratifying. I am highly unlikely to ever be a Fr. Z or Thomas Peters, but if I can use this as the spiritual journal that I desire it to be, I will consider it to be a success.

Here's to a new year filled with much spiritual growth and progress !

Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genetrix
Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.

No comments:

I loved Fr. Z's so much, I had to get my own.