Sunday, February 24, 2008

III Lent

Just came from Confession, Mass, and Benediction at the Cathedral, the latter two in the Extraordinary Rite. I feel positively bathed, inside and out, in the Sacrament. What a gift ! Deo gratias !

I have neglected this for far too long, but again I have little time. Not having daily access to a computer puts a real damper on this, but I'm going to make a good long entry this week, no matter what.

Last weekend was the CHRP retreat at St. Mary's, and I must say it was a most excellent and moving experience. My many Evangelical friends would be pleased with the way it was conducted, though I doubt they would have been pleased with John, one of the visiting men from St. John Neumann Parish who sponsored the event. He was a lifelong Protestant with a voluminous knowledge of Scripture --until he attended a CHRP weekend and "made his submission to Rome" ! This evening we have a follow-up meeting to explore "formation". Later on that....

Yesterday was the 44th. anniversary of my Baptism, and last night (or tonight ? I'm not quite sure) the 28th. anniversary of the spiritual experience I had, a distinct calling to serve God, at little Rocky Hock United Methodist Church in VA. More on these later as well.

No comments:

I loved Fr. Z's so much, I had to get my own.