Friday, April 17, 2009

The American Catholic divide

I know that I have said that I would try to downplay my intense dislike of the current President, and I'm trying my best. I've decided that this blog is not the place for my political opinions and I will try to follow that rule. But I feel that the future of American Catholicism is truly in peril due to the tactics that President Obama and his advisers/ handlers are using regarding the Church in America. The decision seems to have been made in high quarters that conservative Catholics (i.e., orthodox ones) need to be made to seem like extremists, and that liberal Catholics need to be encouraged in their mistaken belief that it is okay to support an enthusiastically pro-abortion President. I feel the strategy is to put a wedge between the Vatican (and those of us who follow the Pope's guidance) and Left-leaning members of the Church.

The inimitable Father Z. has this really good post about a group called "Catholic Democrats" (an oxymoron, in my opinion).

He also has this one about Doug Kmiec, the infamous Obama sycophant who, I am convinced, covets the post of Ambassador to the Holy See.

Good luck with that one, Doug. Caroline had a better shot than you'll ever have.

We need to pray unceasingly for the state of the Church in America. We and the Holy Father are under attack... and this is spiritual warfare, not politics.

O Mary, conceived without sin :
Pray for us, who have recourse to thee.

No comments:

I loved Fr. Z's so much, I had to get my own.