Friday, June 19, 2009

Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus









































(John 3:16)



The 150th. anniversary of the death of St. John Vianney, and the first day of The Year for Priests.

I have done a very poor job of keeping this blog, and I would like to do better.

I'll set the stage by quoting from the most important letter of my life to date; hopefully in the weeks to come I'll be able to fill in the back story.


June 12, 2009

Dear James,

It is with joy and thanksgiving that we notify you of your official acceptance as a seminarian for the Diocese of Austin. We look forward to helping you in your process of formation for the priesthood in the Catholic Church...

Please make plans to join with us and all the new and returning seminarians of the Diocese of Austin at our annual summer seminarian Convocation at the Cedarbrake Catholic retreat center in Belton on August 11,12, and 13, 2009...

Wishing you God's blessings, we are

Yours in Christ's service,

+ G. Aymond

Most Reverend Gregory M. Aymond
Bishop of Austin

Reverend Michael J. Sis
Vocation Director



I'm still trying to get my head around this. It may actually take most of the next 7 years.
I am incredibly thankful, humbled by the ineffable and inexhaustible mercy of Jesus' Sacred Heart.

Lead, Kindly Light !


Sacratissimum Cor Iesu , miserare nobis.
Sacratissimum Cor Iesu , miserare nobis.
Sacratissimum Cor Iesu , miserare nobis.

1 comment:

Joseph Fromm said...

James,

I remember reading your first blog post. I remember reading about the first day you became a Catholic. Now I read about you entering the seminary. Jesus is so awesome! Congratulations!

JMJ

Joe

I loved Fr. Z's so much, I had to get my own.