Saturday, April 24, 2010


For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

~ Colossians 1 :16-17





This Hubble picture has been floating around the internet for the last few days, and I could finally not resist putting it up here. This photo is from an article in the British Daily Mail.

This is the Carina Nebula, and from what I can understand (being of philosophical/ theological bent and not scientific), this area of the galaxy is apparently a star factory. All those clouds of gas are the result of hundreds (thousands ?) of stars being made. Or were made. The images are of things that took place six thousand years ago (due to the speed of light, etc.) So this actually happened around about the time the Great Pyramids were being constructed in Egypt-- and two thousand years before God called Abraham and told him that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars.

LORD, may we never be so busy, or jaded, or cynical, that we cannot look into space and say in breathless awe : "How great Thou art."

No comments:

I loved Fr. Z's so much, I had to get my own.